Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Little Neck Bay (Ⅴ)



On Sunday I started fishing at my usual spot in Little Neck Bay at 5:30am.
High tide came at 6:30am.
No one was there yet.
The water surface was like the glass of a mirror.
This morning was so quiet that I wondered if I would catch any fish.


But it turned out to be wonderful.
After the peak of high tide, I started catching stripers
and continued catching them until around 9 o'clock.
It was unusual for me to catch basses up to half way of the low tide at this spot.












When I was leaving, I saw many fishes jumping in the middle of the Bay.

In the evening I came back to fish on the other side of the Bay and saw the ones jumping were bunkers.
My fly even snagged a 10-inch bunker.
I don't know why they were jumping.
Was a big striper chasing them?  It couldn't be.

I caught only two baby stripers this evening.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice one. I like fishing too. May I know the exact place/address where did you fish?. thanks..

nigory said...

It is along the shoreline of Little Neck Bay in Crocheron Park. Tight line.