Monday, May 16, 2011

Sandy Hook 2011 (Ⅱ)

I went to Sandy Hook again last Saturday  and fished the receding tide from early morning till noon.
I tried Scientific Angler 750 grain fast sinking shooting head line for my 13-weight spey rod.
The line went well with the rod.  It becomes my fastest sinking system.
I fished like wet fly fishing in the tidal current to make the fly swing like other fly fishermen in Sandy Hook Point.
I caught one school bass.










In the evening, I came back to fish for two hours each before and after high tide at 6:00 pm.
I got a few hickory shads only.
Two plug fishermen who looked experienced, were fishing a little away from me and caught a large striper each.
It seemed to them catching the keepers was not unusual.
They looked happy, but not like crazily joyful I was.
I was fishing at the corner of Sandy Hook Point and casting to the north while they were fishing 50-yard away from the corner and casting to the east.
I liked to fish near their spot, but I couldn't because the wind came from the south and on my right.
As I am a right-sided caster, it would be difficult for me to cast far distance.

I need to practice the left side casting.
For a right-sided caster, it supposes to be easier to learn left side casting with the two-handed rod than to learn left hand casting by the right hander with the single-handed rod.
Regardless, the two-handed rod demands a lot of work, but I am sure using the two-handed rod in the surf makes the surf fly fishing more effective.

Hey man, I still have a long way to go!


No comments: