Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shooting Spey Casting































The over head casting of fly fishing needs back space,
especially with two-handed rod casting.
But it is not always possible.
In Little Neck Bay where I fished this early spring, the back space is limited.

To tackle this problem, I have been practicing the shooting spey casting which is the variation of the perry poke casting.  The shooting spey casting requires special rods and lines and I have them.
The line can be shot quite far away easily.




My shooting spey casting has improved a bit.



3 comments:

Jorge said...

Nigory, enjoying your blog. Would be interested in some information concerning fishing Little Neck Bay, as it is near my office.

Tight Lines,

JP

nigory said...

JP, The early season concentration of striper in Little Neck Bay has been over in my eyes. Now I fish in Sandy Hook. Later I'll try Montauk. Good fishing, Nigory

Jorge said...

N,

Thank you for the information, saved me some time. Maybe I'll run into you on Sandy Hook. Keep up the nice work on the blog. Enjoying it.

JP