Monday, November 22, 2010

Sandy Hook (Ⅱ)

I started fishing in Sandy Hook last Saturday morning around 7 o'clock when the sun was rising and an hour after high tide.

I caught a hickory shad right away in my first casting, and continued catching the shads whole morning.
I felt the bite of the shad almost every time when I was stripping the line.  Sometimes it was hooked and sometimes not.

Although a large number of the hickory shads was around the Hook point this morning, I didn't want to miss the chance of catching stripers.
I changed the small sand eel fly to the bunker fly because its large hook would be too big for the shad mouth, but it was not large enough.  I still caught the shads.

Most of the fishermen around me also caught shads except one lucky guy who also caught two stripers.

    Well, catching any kind of fish is better than none.






No comments: