Monday, November 8, 2010

Sand Eel Fly

I fished in Sandy Hook and Rockaway last weekend.
The water was rough. The wind direction also gave me a hard time.
I had no luck.

I made sand eel flies with the surf candy pattern for Sandy Hook fishing because stripers took sand eels a week ago.













I used the 5-minute epoxy for the surf candy body, but it was difficult to make a smooth and even thickness body with the epoxy, so I put E-Z body material as an applying base for the epoxy. In doing so it would be like I put epoxy on the E-Z body fly. This worked well to make a good body shape.
When the epoxy seeped through the E-Z body, it made a solid body.
The E-Z body's light reflection quality like the fish scale unchanged inside the epoxy body.

To my surprise, the epoxy with the E-Z body base created an even more attractive body color than a simple epoxy body.



No comments: