Sunday, April 25, 2010

Little Neck Bay 2010 (Ⅲ)

This weekend in Little Neck Bay was great. I fished on Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening.

Friday evening was a fishing extravaganza. No fishermen were there when I started fishing at 6 o'clock. I caught a bass with either the first cast or second. More than 10 basses were caught one after the other, size range from 10 inches to 15 inches. The 10-inch one was the smallest bass I have ever caught.
I think these small basses like to group in a very tight circle and they swim and hunt together. So when I casted in an accurate direction and range, I could catch them one by one.
It might be the reason that last weekend the lure fishermen and I couldn't catch any fish but the fly fisherman in the boat and the bait fishermen could catch the fish.






















I got a fat 16-inch bass on Saturday morning.

On Saturday evening the place where I always fish was crowded with at least 10 lure fishermen. There was no room for a spey rodder as he needs some space for safety. So I went farther to the back of the bay to fish. Anyway no one seemed to catch any fish.
That was a big contrast from the Friday evening. Even though the conditions: time, tide and weather, are similar to the day before, fish didn't come.

























No comments: