Monday, November 16, 2009

Rockaway - Morning and Evening

In the last few days the gusty wind had blown very strongly. The coastal water in the ocean was very rough.
Finally the weather became nice last Sunday, so I went to Rockaway early morning. I walked along the bay side beach to Rockaway point, stopped and fished at good spots along the way.
I caught a few school size stripers.

Fishing on the jetty was impossible today because the huge wave kept washing up the jetty.


































Because of the high tide both in the morning and evening, I planned to fish also in the afternoon till sunset again after lunch.
I went back to the parking lot after morning fishing, and wanted to drive somewhere for lunch.
The parking lot was overflown with cars. Cars were even waiting in line for parking spaces.
The reason for such a crowd was that those people who usually drive to the ocean side beach with their beach driving permits, could not drive to the beach because the big wave was surging in. They came to fish on the bay side instead.









(Night flies)
I figured that once I gave up my parking spot, it would be difficult to find another one after lunch, so I came to fish after dusk.
Like in the morning, I walked along the bay side beach, almost to the jetty, stopped and fished along the way. It was a quiet evening.
Fishing in the dark stirred me up to an isolated feeling.






No comments: