Saturday, March 28, 2009

Casting Practice




  Since I have  built my Sage's rod, I have been  going to the beach to practice spey casting several times already. I am trying  two new fly lines from Japan: the shooting head, which is called the shooting spey line by the Japanese, and the running line, which is developed by an expert Japanese fly fisherman.
  A new spey casting method created in Japan becomes popular now. It it called the shooting spey casting which is supposed to shoot the line over 50 yards with less effort. I am learning it now. 
  The running line is supposed to be good for long distance casting in the beach using stripping basket. After trying this new running line, I can say it is better than any lines that I have used.
 In any case I am still a long way to go.  
     

No comments: